Benson First Friday BFF is dedicated to supporting the region’s emerging and established artists by creating opportunity, exposure and experiences that help them move forward while enriching the cultural competency of the greater Omaha area.
We organize and operate monthly neighborhood art walks in Benson that include visual art exhibitions, performance art, musicians, an artist vendor market, community engagement, youth outreach, fashion, food, special events and more. Our growth in recent years has allowed us to expand into other areas, such as public art projects, the creation of new gallery spaces, the development of publications and our Mayflower Mobile Gallery (a 42′ semi trailer that we’ve transformed into an art/event space).
Featured Events and Exhibitions
- The MaMO Gallery (42′ semi trailer turned gallery)
- Live Artists
- Public Art projects
- Interactive art elements
- After-dark projections
A placemaking festival of contemporary art on September 21 and 22, 2019 on P Street from Antelope Creek Park, government complex, to Lincoln, Nebraska’s business district. Produced and directed by Robert Ladislas Derr, curated by Matthias Ulrich, in cooperation with and sponsored by the City of Lincoln and Downtown Lincoln Association.
Lincoln Arts Festival
Shop the art, enjoy live performances! There is no better way to do the arts.
19th Annual Lincoln Arts Festival
(P Street between 13th Street and Centennial Mall)
Saturday, September 21, 10am-6pm
Sunday, September 22, 10am-5pm
Now in its 19th year, the Lincoln Arts Festival is joining Lincoln Calling! This larger footprint downtown will allow the Lincoln Arts Festival to add more artists, music, performers and interactive art activities for people of all ages. Artists and art activities will fill four blocks of downtown Lincoln:
- P Street between 13th Street and Centennial Mall
- 14th Street between P and Q Streets
- 13th Street between P and Q Streets and Tower Square.
More Partners & Activities
The move downtown also means more partners to help make this the biggest and best Lincoln Arts Festival yet:
- Lincoln Calling We’re co-locating with Lincoln Calling to transform the streets of downtown Lincoln into a weeklong celebratory explosion of the arts, culture, and the collaborative spirit tantamount to our city’s ever-ramping vitality.
- Play on P A placemaking festival of contemporary art will also be taking place on P Street from the Haymarket to 17th Street.
- Streets Alive Located just minutes from the Lincoln Arts Festival, Streets Alive is an outdoor movement festival celebrated in cities across America and the world that cordons off a section of a city to let people literally play in the streets.
- Lincoln Children’s Museum will be providing activities for children and families in our Creative Zone.
- The Nebraska History Museum will also be providing activities for children and families in our Creative Zone.
- The Johnny Carson Center for Emerging Media Arts will be showing student films and offering other interactive art activities.
- Doane University professor Eric Stearns and students will be demonstrating ceramic techniques and will offer you a chance to try your hand at a pottery wheel.
- The LPS Arts & Humanities Focus Program will display student work and offer opportunities for interactive art.
- More Live music and performances on Tower Square.