Benson First Friday BFF is dedicated to supporting the region’s emerging and established artists by creating opportunity, exposure and experiences that help them move forward while enriching the cultural competency of the greater Omaha area.
We organize and operate monthly neighborhood art walks in Benson that include visual art exhibitions, performance art, musicians, an artist vendor market, community engagement, youth outreach, fashion, food, special events and more. Our growth in recent years has allowed us to expand into other areas, such as public art projects, the creation of new gallery spaces, the development of publications and our soon-to-debut Mayflower Mobile Gallery (a 42′ semi trailer that we’ve transformed into an art/event space). Website: www.bensonfirstfriday.com
- Introduction of the MaMO – a new 42′ semi truck turned mobile art gallery, sponsored by Douglas County, Nebraska.
- Opening reception for (Un)Necessary Duplicates – a project by Meghan O’Connor, which involves 160 different artists. See attached document in google drive.
- Mind & Soul 101.3 and Renos Karaoke present karaoke with Christine Fink at Tugboat Gallery
- On-street Live artists including an interactive community painting station. Confirmed Artists: Paul Meyer, Josh Audiss, Alex James, Victoria Drake (Complete artist list TBA)
- After-dark projections. Confirmed Artists: Ramanda Fuelberth (Complete artist list TBA)
- Queer Nite street performance: queer buskers serving glam and fashion with a rebellious twist.
- Live mural by Maggie Weber & Maggie Heusinkvelt